Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Vatican city ... our last day in Rome

We had a late flight so we had the day to explore Vatican City. I'm not sure if its living for Europe for 2 years or that I'm just getting older, but my patience for lines and tourists was definitely tested on this day. I would have much rather been sitting at a cafe eating amazing Italian food and drinking wine than standing in line or being shoved by the many tourists all trying to get into the Sistine Chapel. Javier & Dave kept me thinking straight though and in the end the lines and the crowds were worth it. We loved the Vatican Museum and throroughly enjoyed the beauty and awe of St. Peters Basillica. Below are some pictures of both. Unfortunately you weren't able to take pictures of the Sistine Chapel, so you'll have to make a trip to Rome if you want to see it.

Vatican Museum


St Peters Basillica

No comments: