Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Visit to Puerto Rico

Got a new camera for our trip to Kili.  Here I am testing it out, taking pictures of the perritos.  


...and some flowers that are in the yard. 


Javier and I wanted to test out some of our equipment for Kili and experiment with the camera so we took a 7 mile "hike" through the streets of old San Juan.  

walk around old san juan
While Brent was visiting, we took a Catamaran out to some of the other islands where we enjoyed a day of sun and snorkeling.  The boys lasted longer than I did so I had a chance to take a few pictures of them swimming back to the boat.  


brent's visit
We checked out a short hike in El Yunque to the waterfall and back.  I didn't dare go in the water but Javier braved the cold and got his feet wet.  


el yunque 1
We spent a few days at El Conquistador with Javier's parents.  It was a very relaxing few days, filled with good food, some sun by the pool and a wonderful massage.  


On our way home we decided to try the Trail Trade Winds in El Yunque which is an 8-hour round trip hike.  We were warned that the trail was not maintained but we thought that would just add to the adventure.  Boy do we wish we had had a machete.  It was pretty rough going and it rained most of our hike (it is a rain forest afterall).  Of after 3 hours of hiking to the summit, we turned around and headed back. 

el yunque 2
And then it was off to Maryland...  

No comments: