Saturday, November 22, 2008

Our first Snow

Last year the weather was strange here in Wiesbaden. It was cold and rainy all summer and during the winter we never got any snow. This year we had a beautiful summer, but I really didn't think winter would be any different. I thought it would still snow in the mountains and only tease us with a taste of white by giving us a thin layer of frost on really cold winter mornings.

Boy was I wrong. It snowed last night. Here's what I woke up to. I know its not a lot, but its more than we got all of last season.

And this would be fine except I don't have the winter tires on the car yet. Here in Germany if you are in an accident in the wintertime and you do not have winter tires on you are to blame, no matter what. So I guess I'll be getting those winter tires on soon.

No comments: