Monday, December 17, 2007

Lech, Austria

This weekend was our first ski trip to Lech, Austria. The area of Lech is beautiful with the town sitting among the mountains and the ability to ski straight down into town. Everything was covered with at least 3 feet of snow, so it was really a winter wonderland.

Since it was only Javier's 2nd time skiing we took advantage of the Ski Club offering free lessons. He had lessons all day on Saturday so, once he was settled, Dave and I took the opportunity to go do some exploring on the mountain. The second day I played ski instructor and took Javier skiing for the day.

In the afternoon we thought we'd try a bigger slope. So Dave, Mike and I took Javier up the chairlift and over to an area that we thought would be fairly easy for him to ski on. He did a great job on the middle of the mountain and his turns were looking great. Unfortunately with any mountain that ends in a small town, the trails end steeply and abruptly. Javier and I ended the run "skiing" down a walking path trying to avoid the germans giving us strange looks and the attack dogs we met along the way. We finally made it to the bottom and thank goodness, because it was time for lunch.

All in all it was a great ski trip. I know this because Javier said two things to me during the weekend that he has not yet taken back:
1) Let's go skiing again!
2) Maybe you can buy me skis and boots for Christmas!

Here are the pictures of our trip. Enjoy!

20071214 - Ski Trip to Lech

No comments: