Friday, September 21, 2007

The kitchen (part 2)


In order for the workmen to come install our kitchen, I had to move everything out of that space. So, the guest room, which was finally starting to look like a guest room, soon became a storage room for all our kitchen stuff. This is the mess I created on Wednesday.


We had a few setbacks yesterday with the kitchen, but for the most part it is in. I've even cooked our first meal already. We didn't really know what it would look like since the landlord picked everything out, but after seeing the bathroom he did, we weren't worried. The final result: We love it! Here's what it looks like:









Now its not your typical american kitchen. Everything is smaller...really. Here are a few examples:
The refrigerator and freezer are separate and mini. Thank goodness we have an american refrigerator in the basement.


They are also good at using every last inch of space, this sometimes makes for some very small storage spaces. Check out the shelves above the stove and next to it:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm offended...my bedroom is NOT a kitchen! I sure hope it is ready for our next adventure in downtown Wiesbaden!